James Owen Nee was a Malawian, singer, songwriter, Gospel artist, producer and businessman. He was a son of Major Prophet Shepherd Bushiri (Major 1) (www.facebook.com/shepherdbushiriministries) and a worship leader at ECG (Enlightened Christian Gathering) Pretoria, South Africa. On October 2, 2018, while returning back from the historic crusade, Global Prophetic Tour, led by Major 1 at the Bingu National Stadium (BNS) in Lilongwe, Malawi, James Nee and 2 others sons of Major 1 (Beston Khamba and Brian Grant) died in a car accident. James Nee, the greatest ECG worshiper, was traveling in a vehicle that was struck by a truck and in the process overturned and claimed the life of all three of them on the scene around 3 am.
It was with great sadness that Prophet Shepherd Bushiri who, at the time of the incident, was in Uganda for the Global Prophetic Tour, broke the news to the world:
“While we might not have answers to all of our questions, we should however be comforted in knowing that those who leave us are only sleeping and they will wake up again when Christ comes back … “But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope” (1 Thess. 4:13). Though life often requires us to, we are never ready to say goodbye to those we love. Thoughts of spending days without their presence is often an extremely dawning thought. And it often seems like we have all the time in the world, only to realize how fleeting time really is. Death is not about dying at an old age because even Jesus died at a young age of 33. But death is about moving away from the physical once you have fulfilled your destiny in Christ. It is about resting whilst awaiting the second coming of Christ where we shall spend eternity with Him. James Nee has touched the hearts of so many. He worshiped God relentlessly. At many occasions, he traveled the globe with me [Major 1] with the aim of making Jesus known. He was a great part of ensuring that souls were won to Christ. His dedication, commitment, submission, and loyalty to God have left an example through which millions will follow. As tears flow from my eyes with a heart heavy with the weight of losing you [James Nee], I will also celebrate your life because you have taught so many the true meaning of living. Living for God! You were and are still an inspiration to all, with a heart that radiated love and warmth through all our lives. You [James Nee] will truly be missed and forever remembered. I love you, thank you for making me a very proud Dad!” (Prophet Shepherd Bushiri, Major 1)
A memorial service was done for these 3 sons of Major 1 at the Pretoria Showgrounds, South Africa, on October 3rd, 2018. James Nee was laid to rest at a Cemetery Burial Area 18 in Lilongwe, Malawi on October 5, 2018. James was the last born of 6 children. He lost both parents at a young age. Refusing to be a statistic, he fought for his life, worked hard for God and loved to sing. Shadreck Longwe, a family representative, expressed how Prophet Bushiri located his talent earlier on in life and invested in it, sending him where he needed to go to serve his God. James Nee appeared to have forseen his own death and was prepared for the journey. Some of the songs he wrote spoke about death and how ready he was to meet the Lord, the God of Mercy and Grace, who picked him and raised him up.
On March 17, 2018 (less than 7 months before his death), he posted the following on his Instagram page and attached to it a photo of darkness or a photo with a solid black background and nothing else on the photo: ” This is how you will be like when you hear about it … This journey am about to take many won’t like it many will be happy And many will ask questions but in all I guess am The one who really matters.. I love you all….stay safe“.
On July 21, 2018 (less than 3 months before his death), he posted the following on his Instagram pages:
“It felt like I was sleeping
In a vision I was taken
Captured in a moment
My heart stopped beating
Slowly slowly a voice calling JAMES
I knew it was the end.
To be continued ……….. “.
On July 26, 2018 (five days after the previous post), he published another one on his Instagram page saying: “SEEKING MY MAKER IN A DIFFERENT WAY…SOMETIMES ALL YOU NEED IS TO TRAVEL AND FIND PEACE IN THE MOST UNEXPECTED PLACES“.
On September 14, 2018 (less than 2 weeks before his death), he posted this on his Instagram profile and attached a photo of a road to the post: “Finding peace in the most unexpected places. About to go for it this coming week… #peacetime.“
James Nee also shared with some people that he is going home very soon. For instance this is what Apostle Felixosis posted on his Instagram page concerning the death of James Nee: “I remember sitting in my car and you begun to tell me that we won’t finish the journey together because the Lord says you should go. You [James Nee] told me how you saw angels one night who told you let’s go you lost breath and they took you for a moment, then, they left you to prepare. I [Apostle Felixosis] thought you kidding brother. Then, we composed the song together “Oh Jesus when you call my name I will be happy to say am ready to be home”.
God was definitively speaking to James Nee that his mission on earth was being fulfilled. Many did not see his death coming although his songs and posts gave them a clue. After serving at ECG Pretoria for almost 4 years, the unmatchable legendary worshiper, the Priest of Worship, Pastor James Nee left this world to be with our father in heaven. Since I first learned about Major 1 in early 2015, James Nee was the main worship leader at ECG Pretoria. At one point, he was even the Leader of the Tribe of Judah. Nicknamed the True Definition of Worship, James Nee had a God given ability not only to write original worship songs, but also to sing them with a voice which we now finally understand was an angelic voice wrapped with an original choreography that always led us into a deep worship. Little did we know James Nee was about to leave this world. Sadly, James Nee is survived by his wife, Sibonelo Khoza, and an unborn child. Although his loved ones may never get the chance to see his face again personally in this world, we are left with his legend, songs, and videos which have inspired so many across the globe and which I personally rate among the best songs of all time:
- You are God of wonders, yes You are, You are God of miracles, yes You are… Amazing, Amazing, yes You are…
- Favor shall follow me everywhere I go;
- El Shaddai, that’s Your name. Elohim, that’s Your name. I will worship Your name
- Everything is possible, everything is possible, nothing is impossible to our God … I believe, I believe, He’s a miracle God, He’s miracle God…. The lame will walk, the blind will see, the dead will live …
- I will prophecy, I will heal the sick, because I know the Holy Ghost in me. The Holy Ghost in me (3x)
- As You are, so I am (2x), no more delay, delay, no more delay in my life;
- Victory belongs to Jesus, Victory belongs to Him …. Who can stand against the Lord? No one can, no one will. Oh-o-o, oh-o-o, Victory belongs to Jesus, Victory belongs to Him;
- I am a child of God. I know who I am (2x), Here I stand on the highest mountain proclaiming your goodness;
- Turning around, Turning around, Turning around, Turning around. My life is turning around … ;
- God’s ability, God’s ability is working in me, is working in me… ;
- I am moving from glory to another glory, I am taking over. From grace to grace, from grace to grace, I am taking over…
- I may not have what it takes, but grace has what it takes. And grace will take me there. If there is a man to pray, there is a God to answer. Great grace is coming my way ….
- You are awesome in this place, Faithful God, Hallelujah, Hallelujah …
- Your mercy found me as I am (4x), I am today because of Your mercy, I am today because of Your love;
- Jesus only You, Jesus only You
- There is a secret in Your presence and that’s why I can’t lose my ways … You know how to make me smile. You know how to bring me back. I love You, I love You Jesus…
- Sweet as honey my life will be, lalalala lala, forever more favor will fall…
- It’s going to be like a dream when the Lord intervenes, intervenes. My life is changing, my story is changing when the Lord intervenes.
- I love You forever, I love You forever, I love You forever oh Lord … Glory to God (2x) Glory to God forever.
- I stand amazed in your presence, there’s nothing you cannot do (2x) … There’s no one like You Jesus, there’s no one like You in all the earth. There’s no one like You Jesus, there’s no one like You. You do mighty things, you do glorious things, You are a faithful God awesome is Your name;
- The indescribable;
- You are more;
- Who knew that I’ll be standing here… Who knew that this will work for my own good;
- I hear You calling my name so loud. So here I am use me, teach me God. For all I long is to see You more in my life…
Below, I loaded some of those songs that have touched me and so many during his ministry at ECG Pretoria as God was giving me the grace to discover the prophetic through Prophet Shepherd Bushiri (Major One). May his life of service, worship, and dedication to the Lord serve as an example to those who are still alive. You never know when death will knock at your door. Are you ready to meet the God James Nee deeply loved and served until he was called to come home? Are you ready to make Heaven your home when He calls your name? Now is the time to make a decision to live for Jesus Christ!